Saturday, June 30, 2012

Foie gras adieu...




It is with sadness that we bid farewell to foie gras today. I admit to mixed feelings because I do love the silky wonderful flavor of good foie, seared and seared with a simple balsamic reduction, blended into an earthy delicate mousse. But I also hate cruelty, and gavage certainly feels like it has that edge to it, no matter what experts say.

I'm interested in the so-called wild foie gras, and in de Sousa's natural foie, although I've never seen it in the US. Perhaps now, given the ban, there will be more interest in it.



But for now I'm willing to part ways with foie. We went to a blowout farewell to foie at Gourmet & More on Thursday, and you know what? The cheese was great, the duck breast was yummy and the salumi was tasty. There are yet many wonderful things in this world to eat...












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: