Thursday, October 13, 2005

My favorite piece of furniture: the pullout pantry

I love our pullout pantry -- the single most useful piece of furniture in the house.

I mean look at the cabinet space that's available! If not for the pantry we'd have absolutely no room at all for actual, as it were, foodstuffs.

Eric made this for me with his own two hands -- well, and a bunch of tools at a friend's house. He got the hardware from Ikea which sells expensive taller versions of this pantry, which we didn't feel would work in our apartment. Then he bought the wood and made the actual cabinet itself, which is gorgeous in my completely unbiased opinion.

When designing it we thought, well, someday we can build a whole kitchen around it. This one, though is perfect. Six shopping bags worth of food it holds...



No comments: