Thursday, June 07, 2007

Living Largo


Here's what I like to see in a cheese.

Oooze.

With three "o's" for ooohh...

Last Saturday I went down to the Ferry Plaza Market on a strike mission to pick up cheese for a reception. I was actually headed to Cowgirl Creamery to get a bit of Tarentais and some basic Brie de Meaux, but how could one not stop by the Andante stand? Soyoung Scanlan was just shutting things down, but still had several cheeses out.

"I'd love to have something nice and runny..." I said.

She considered this for a moment and then peered into a couple of already bagged up cheeses and said, "This one -- triple cream cow's milk..."

Sold! To the woman with the cheese obsession. I was in such a hurry that I didn't even stop to ask her the name of the cheese, but this is Andante Dairy's Largo, I believe.

No comments: