Monday, March 19, 2007

P.S. Some of us are spoiled...

So we're making dinner -- broiling a few vanilla-brined pork chops. But what should we have with it?

"I can make pasta with a tomato sauce," say I helpfully.

"Yeah, that works," says my Omnivore.

Okay, must motivate... I push myself off the couch and shuffle to the kitchen, casting about for a pot to put on the stove.

"So," my Omnivore says helpfully, "We'll need eggs and flour?"

I look at him, thoroughly confused. "Pardon?"

"For the pasta?" he adds.

"Excuse me?" I say, mentally trying to add eggs and flour into tomato sauce.

"How are we going to make the pasta?"

"Uh...I was going to take the pasta out of the box in the cabinet and put it in water...?"

"Oh. Right."

"Yeah... um...I know you're all used to getting everything in this house made from scratch, but... dang...."

No comments: