Sunday, June 04, 2006

Spring has Sprung!

The mists have rolled into Fogtown and the little Loire Valley-style cheeses have appeared in our local fromage case!

Last night, I admit, I was a little depressed and exhausted, having worked like a maniac all weekend, even through Shavuot.

(Yes, I know -- some of you are going to say, "But, um, you're not Jewish..." And yes, that is, strictly speaking, true. But I work at a Jewish institution and theoretically had a day off, and STILL found myself working like a nutcase.)

So, as I was saying, I was trudging a little dejectedly through our local grocery emporium, when my ever-perceptive husband suggested that a visit to the cheese section would perk me up.

When next he saw me I was clutching a Nocturne and a Picolo in my hot little hands.

Oh frabjous day! Soyoung Scanlan of Andante Dairy is back!

Like a three-year old, I pointed at the cheeses, "Look! Look!" And Eric patiently suggested we get one. One.

"There's a Metronome too..." I said in a very small voice.

I got a look that said, "ONE."

"Nocturne."

Nocturne, it is.

No comments: